InterStar Public Relations cut its teeth on public issue projects. Initially, InterStar focused on electoral campaigns representing Texas political luminaries such as the Honorable Tom Vandergriff, U.S. House Speaker Jim Wright, U.S. Congressman Martin Frost, and more recently, U.S. Congresswoman Kay Granger.
Later, our focus turned toward advocacy issues that impacted the daily lives of citizens. InterStar's comprehensive public awareness campaigns have helped pass measures to
- Finance construction of Lone Star Park horse track, a major economic generator
- Create a taxing district to fight crime in the DFW Metroplex
- Build a vitally needed water reservoir to serve a four-county area in the Texas Panhandle
- Allow DFW Airport to expand, through passage of the Municipal Airports Act in the Texas State Legislature.
InterStar has managed statewide and regional awareness and education campaigns to
- Help the public better understand the need to "buckle up" when driving
- Tell parents about the dangers of passenger-side airbags and how to keep children out of harm's way
- Explain the multiple impacts of teenaged drunk driving
- Help citizens prepare for dangerous hurricane seasons.
On a national level, the agency developed regional information programs for the U.S. Department of Energy and presentations for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
InterStar has educated public constituents on a broad range of issues from environmental topics and economic development opportunities to tax increment financing. On behalf of clients and stakeholders, InterStar has been an advocate to communities and government officials, helping forge solid and lasting bridges of communication.
By keeping abreast of grassroots issues and maintaining trusted professional relationships with elected officials and their staffs, InterStar has distinguished itself as a leader in public affairs consulting.